Friday, September 21, 2012

Food for Thought: A Very Powerful Quote from Class

I am taking this class Psychoeducational Interactions with Black Males and as of now, it is the best class that I have ever experienced. As an individual black male, I have always had many internal struggles about who I am and how that is affected by/in exchange with mainstream society. The professors in this course are deep and while its been an appropriately academically and thematically challenging course, it's also been one of great practical and everyday value.


Anyways, I could go on and on about how great of a course this class is, but I'll spare the details. I quickly wanted to share a quote that was expressed in the last session by one of the professors. It is as followed, "What do we say to all of the Trayvon's if they had a chance to come home? Do our (black) boys get a chance to be who they want to be when they live in a world that doesn't see them as human."
S

No comments:

Post a Comment