Thursday, October 4, 2012

An Inspiring Teacher

There is a teacher at my school is absolutely dynamic and incredibly inspiring.  There is an African American Literature elective at my home school for the seniors. Without saying too much, all I will say that sitting in on his classes has taught me a lot.

I think I am drawn to his style because he teaches with purpose. There is theory- there is discussion, there are concepts, but everything discussed in the classroom is relevant and brought into the contemporary; experiences near and far are accessed and framed in such a way, that students can then go out and do something.

As I watch this guy naturally teach, all I can think is wow- how does he do it? What does he do? How long does it take to get to that point?

No comments:

Post a Comment