Monday, November 5, 2012

Food + Classroom = Community and Productivity

Food is such a powerful tool for community and unity. Today, I brought in some snacks for my class and one student brought in some SLAMMIN' oxtail. I mean, let me tell you, it got the students so energized. If a student has beef with another student, its rectified (for a moment at least) by food. Didn't like what Mr. B (that's me) said about your project? Its all good if I bring in food. Food makes people so happy- even when they don't eat. Today was the coolest day of my classroom. My students gave amazing presentations and were really hype; it was such a great day!

Man after today,  I think I might bring in food everyday lol. If I had the money, I'd throw a banquet for these kids everyday.

...I just wish that Penn GSE would stop being so stingy and throw a couple of events with food and beverages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment