Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Before I begin with this post, I want to offer my sincerest sympathies for all of the folk who were affected by Hurricane Sandy. I shall to refer to Sandy as a she for the duration of this blog post (and I must again preface that all of the Sandys that I know are incredibly nice people and would never cause any damage to anyone, but I digress). But yes, Sandy did some damage this time around.

Philadelphia was not affected all that terribly, which did not surprise me too much. We're pretty much pushed west within the interior enough to rarely experience the affects of a coastal storm. To be honest (and to be honest, my grandmother is going to kill me when she reads this) I went out for pizza at 7:30 pm on Monday, the time in which Sandy was most furious and angry. We'll, my roommate came along and we got pizza; after our 8 block trek to get some really cheesy (too cheesy) pizza, the wind decides to act up and almost blows the pizza box over. #ainthavingthat

Well, I give this light-hearted story to let you know that shortly upon arriving home and turning on the television, I viewed some gruesome images of the storm on the television. I was incredibly disturbed and also, feeling blessed. We didn't get hit too hard here in Philly, but many other people did and so, it is imperative for us not to take anything for granted, but also, to be of help to those affected by Hurricane Sandy. A friend of mine who is from Toms River is collecting items to take back to those affected- if you are in the area happen to read this and want to donate something, feel free to hit me up and I will connect you all.

Now, with all of this said- for the past two days, Sandy has been my gurl (gUrl not girl). Why? Because she gave me a day to sleep. That sounds so basic, but it's so real. I've never been so tired in my life. Life is always on the go. My classes, student-teaching, family, the boo, Obama campaign stuff, gym, etc- Sandy forced me to sit down and sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment